INSTITUTE OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT CATERING TECHNOLOGY
AND APPLIED NUTRITION, CHENNAI
(An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institute)
(An Autonomous Body under Ministry of Tourism, Government of India)
(Affiliated to NCHMCT, Noida and IGNOU, New Delhi)
AIM AND OBJECTIVES :
1. To improve the standards of Hospitality Education keeping pace with
the Human Resource requirements of the Hospitality industry under
the guidance of Ministry of Tourism.
2. To train students on all core areas of hospitality industry.
3. To provide opportunities for Research and Field work in hospitality education and tourism.
At the end of the respective courses “the IHM Chennai will be able to –
1. Provide trained manpower to Hospitality and Tourism industry.
2. Complete the curriculum of Hospitality Education and Tourism as per
the standards of the National Council for Hotel Management, Ministry of Tourism and IGNOU.
3. Facilitate students in entrepreneurship.
4. Assist the Ministry of Tourism in providing a major helping hand in the
operations of the Hospitality industry.
5. Satisfactorily place students in other allied industries.
6. Guide students interested in higher education and research in hospitality sector.
Train students at International Standards of Hospitality Education imparting Knowledge, Skill and Attitude for providing suitable manpower in hospitality and service industry. Provide opportunities for Research and field work in Hospitality and Tourism.
Striving for excellence today to prepare students to succeed in the challenging world tomorrow.